Main Forum

Anti-noob defense

3 replies
netherman56
netherman56 @ Star Legacy
Votes:
Untagged users
I have an idea that - if implemented - could keep us safe from violent refugee gangs.

Anti-noob defense!

We should add a multiblock you could build that kills any refugees that enter the territory the multiblock is in. It would ONLY work in your settlement/nation's territory if you build it, so you wouldn't be able to use it in unclaimed land.

Why should we add anti-noob defense? Why not just kill them with your turret?

Refugees are new players, they shouldn't be able to engage in combat because if they can they can abuse all of the privileges they get as refugees. If you are a refugee and you want to fight people, rankup to pirate or privateer for goodness sake and actually start playing the game.
Posted Dec 4, 17 · OP
Votes:
+7
Online on Site
Untagged users
Refugees arent supposed to be hunted by pirates, and the fact that they dont give points enforces that. By all means you have the right to kill refugees that attack you or with good enough reason. the protection of refugees is against hunting and killing for points exclusively. This has no reason to exist and would cause a massive issue with refugees not knowing why these things are killing them, being refugees.
[i"Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return"

" People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now."
/i]
Posted Dec 4, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
Admins
Director
I’m pretty sure there are VIOLENT refugee gangs if you have a problem with refugees killing you that’s sorta sad.
Posted Dec 5, 17
List
Undo
Site Manager
Votes:
+12
Admins
Site Manager
Senior Moderator
Trial Moderator
There's not really any reason why a Refugee should be unable to engage in combat willingly. Obviously it's bad if you attack them without reason, but if they shoot first, they're fair game. Having an automatic defense system to kill them is, sorry for being blunt, is just plain dumb. Just shoot them to pieces. And, as Sky said, if they're actually a problem for you, that's pretty sad.
"...fighting fire with fire only ends up with a lot of stuff burned down." - Wijam
Posted Wed at 12:31 am
NoticeNotices