Main Forum

Star Trek Energize!

9 replies
Votes:
+8
Untagged users
We've all seen Star Trek, I hope and we all know what Energizing is! I believe that allowing the ability for people to be energized within a certain range should be implemented.
The energize command could work the same way as the /tpa /tpaccept /tpadeny commands.

A transporter module for our ships could be unlocked as an advancement and require a big amount of space.

Here is an example of a Tier 1 transporter module of which uses Iron blocks inbetween the sea lanterns and has a smaller range compared to Tier 2 & 3 ranges.

Example

Our transporter module can be upgraded to a Tier 2 of which uses Diamond blocks and has an extended range upto Tier 3 which uses Emerald and has the biggest range.

Scenario
For example, Bob is orbital cruising around the planet Titus and his friend Jim is being chased by Pirates on Titus. Bob has the transporter module that he unlocked via his advancements menu on his ship. His friend is in danger, Bob right clicks the sign on the transporter module. After right clicking the sign he gets asked a question. "Type the players name of whom to energize to this location." Bob types Jim. Jim is in range, Jim types /tpaccept and is teleported after 5 seconds to Bobs transporter module.

Technical Limitation:
If one or both parties are piloting a ship, this of course would not function correctly and would require all parties involved to be not piloting a ship at the time of interacting with the transporter functions.

Logical Limitation:
One cannot energize a person of whom is outside of a certain range. For example, energizing a friend from 1 sun to the other.

I believe that this could be the next best addition to this awesome server and I would really like to see everyones input on this idea. Thanks for reading, I look forward to seeing some replies!

For those who still have absolutely no idea of what I'm talking about!
A transporter is a fictional teleportation machine used in the Star Trek universe. Transporters convert a person or object into an energy pattern (a process called dematerialization), then "beam" it to a target, where it is reconverted into matter (rematerialization).
Source
Posted Feb 8, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 8, 18
Votes:
+24
Untagged users
but we have space sheeps for that.
"Well, I mean, like, is it really murder if you push them in front of a moving train?"

"Nova, you are the coolest person I have ever met."
"Well, you clearly haven't met many people."

"Listen my bruddas, I have proof that PI is da way."

enjin-541320-15325769-gray.png
Posted Feb 8, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
Space sheep's?
Posted Feb 8, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
+37
Untagged users
1. What the crap is a space sheep? 2. I think there are much better ways to refine a process like this. Transporters, for one, dont energize. They transport. Energize is simply the command to turn the darn thing on. But, the way it actually works is that it disassembles the object being transported at a subatomic level, shoots the atoms across space, and then reforms the object at its destination. Rather than using a factions like teleportation, it would make more sense to make it nonconsentual, like in that one episode of Voyager where they went back in time to stop a dude with a 29th century time ship from breaking the universe. Just because of how the transporters work, yes they would be quite large for just a single pad. But, it would be nice if you could set down landmarks in a Journeymap mod style fashion, and be able to beam up/down entities at will, like say a cow or sheep. Or maybe even a chest for those who fancy it. Actually i have a pretty decent idea of how it would look, using your description. Ill build it and post the screenies when i get ungrounded. An idea for when you get teleported is to show the nether portal or similar effect on screen, and do a swirly particle effect, color chosen by a glass block, for those watching the beam. While transporting, the ship would have to remain still, or else the subject dies instantly. During transport, the actual character will be removed, being replaced by NPCs on both ends. They would be the walk through kind. The NPC on both sides would be undamagable, due to the fact that the atoms are being taken apart at near light speed. As for time, i agree with 5 seconds. For animals in transport, you would have to repilot the ship to make them ride along, like anyone else. For chests, the contents should stay the same, and the chest would be required to be labeled with a sign [transport] first line and a name second line, to prevent abuse for theft. Another rule would be that it cannot transport through ship shields until level 2, and areashields until level 3. To make things more interesting, it cannot transport through base shields or from claimed territory, being from someones personal claim or belonging to another nation, or nationless settlement. This would help keep noobs from using it to teleport enemies out of turrets and forts. Notes?
Posted Feb 8, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
Untagged users
So basically the same transporter concept but a much more of a defined perspective. The ability to transport people from A - B and vice versa and the ability to transport chests full of goods. I would hate to be the plugin developer but what you've said so far has many many great additions.

I'm pretty certain that such plugin to do this does not exist and there will be someone out there that can make this plugin a reality and exclusive for this server and it might cost.

I look forward to seeing your screenies!
Posted Feb 9, 18 · OP
Votes:
+37
Untagged users
Itll be a day or few, but ill get them in
Posted Feb 9, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+24
Untagged users
1. What the crap is a space sheep? 2. I think there are much better ways to refine a process like this. Transporters, for one, dont energize. They transport. Energize is simply the command to turn the darn thing on. But, the way it actually works is that it disassembles the object being transported at a subatomic level, shoots the atoms across space, and then reforms the object at its destination. Rather than using a factions like teleportation, it would make more sense to make it nonconsentual, like in that one episode of Voyager where they went back in time to stop a dude with a 29th century time ship from breaking the universe. Just because of how the transporters work, yes they would be quite large for just a single pad. But, it would be nice if you could set down landmarks in a Journeymap mod style fashion, and be able to beam up/down entities at will, like say a cow or sheep. Or maybe even a chest for those who fancy it. Actually i have a pretty decent idea of how it would look, using your description. Ill build it and post the screenies when i get ungrounded. An idea for when you get teleported is to show the nether portal or similar effect on screen, and do a swirly particle effect, color chosen by a glass block, for those watching the beam. While transporting, the ship would have to remain still, or else the subject dies instantly. During transport, the actual character will be removed, being replaced by NPCs on both ends. They would be the walk through kind. The NPC on both sides would be undamagable, due to the fact that the atoms are being taken apart at near light speed. As for time, i agree with 5 seconds. For animals in transport, you would have to repilot the ship to make them ride along, like anyone else. For chests, the contents should stay the same, and the chest would be required to be labeled with a sign [transport] first line and a name second line, to prevent abuse for theft. Another rule would be that it cannot transport through ship shields until level 2, and areashields until level 3. To make things more interesting, it cannot transport through base shields or from claimed territory, being from someones personal claim or belonging to another nation, or nationless settlement. This would help keep noobs from using it to teleport enemies out of turrets and forts. Notes?
Space sheep = space ship

Teleportation and /tpa has been brought up numerous times. We have denied it every time.
"Well, I mean, like, is it really murder if you push them in front of a moving train?"

"Nova, you are the coolest person I have ever met."
"Well, you clearly haven't met many people."

"Listen my bruddas, I have proof that PI is da way."

enjin-541320-15325769-gray.png
Posted Feb 9, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
Untagged users
NovaStar you have not brought any feedback to the idea apart from confusing us with space sheep and then then your 2nd post explains what you mean with space sheep followed by the denying of teleportation commands. You completely misunderstand the idea.

All Queries Must be Met!
Teleportation can only happen if a ship has a transporter module.

Can only happen if within a certain range.

Can only happen if both users are not piloting a ship.

Please Nova, read this suggestion again and please give some actual feedback. What do you think of the suggestion, can you bring any critique to the idea, do you like or dislike it and why?

I don't mean to be mean, but I get a bit frustrated when someone makes me feel like i've wasted my time typing up this idea that I personally believe would be a great addition. Please provide some constructive feedback Nova ? Thanks :(
Posted Feb 10, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 10, 18
Mod
Votes:
+34
Teleporting would remove the need for lots of things on this server. The server was made to be slightly realistic, one of the ways of doing so is the time it takes to travel via ship. Instantaneous travel would mess with that ideal.

There are already queries made for the only type of teleporting on this server. It's called hyperspace.

There are tractor beams for fast travel to a ship like you suggest, but they aren't meant to be overpowered.

Also I've never seen star trek.
Ekatera is like Russia when it was a monarchy! Back when Russia liked its monarchy that is.
(Side note - We aren't actually a monarchy)
(Another side note: We will never be communist)
Posted Feb 11, 18 · Last edited Feb 11, 18
Votes:
+37
Untagged users
welp, cant put screenies
Posted Feb 11, 18
NoticeNotices